From Hobson's Choice
A nation of Southeast Asia consisting of the western littoral of the South China Sea. The main population centers are the Mekong River Delta (in the south) and the Song Cai (Red) River (in the North).
- BBC Country Profile
- CIA World Fact Book
- Ethnologue linguistic information
- UK FCO Country Profile
- Library of Congress Country Study
- Indochina Ethnolinguistic Groups From Indochina Atlas, (1970)
- United Nations agencies & bureaux
News & Analysis
- Amnesty International
- ANU E Press, Viet Nam – a transition tiger? (April 2006)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Asia
- Human Rights Watch
- Hy V. Luong, Postwar Vietnam: Dynamics of a Transforming Society Rowman & Littlefield (2003)
- Thanh Nien
- Geoff Wade, "The Ming Shi Account of Champa" , Asia Research Institute (June 2007)
- Beaucarnot Project, Bucknell University (May 2003)
- Michael Barker, "Unintended Yet Essential Political Ties: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in French Indochina"
- Brusta Brown, "What it means to be a Métis in Vietnam"
- "Timeline of Art History: Southeast Asia," Metropolitan Museum of Art
- History of Vietnam, Michigan State University
- Nhung Tuyet Tran & Anthony Reid, Viet Nam: Borderless Histories, Univ of Wisconsin Press (2006)
- Jean Michaud, French Missionary Expansion in Colonial Upper Tonkin" , Journal of Southeast Asian Studies (June 2004)