From Hobson's Choice
A nation of Latin America; one of the former Lusaphonic colonies of Portugal.
News & Analysis
- Charles Edmond Akers, A History of South America, 1854-1904 (complete text online), John Murray (1904), XIII
- Historical Text Archive
- F Smitha World History site query
- Hastings Charles Dent, A year in Brazil : with notes on the abolition of slavery, etc (complete text online) Kegan Paul, Trench (1886)
- Pedro de Magalhães Gandavo, The histories of Brazil, Vol. I & II (complete text online) The Cortes Society (1922/1576)
- Manoel de Oliveira Lima, The evolution of Brazil compared with that of Spanish and Anglo-Saxon America (complete text online) Palo Alto Stanford University (1914)
- Ben Ross Schneider, "Big Business in Brazil: Leveraging Natural Endowments and State Support for International Expansion ," in Leonardo Martínez-Diaz, ed., Brazil as an Emerging Economic Superpower. Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, forthcoming.
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars: Brazil Institute